Iron oxide red
Chemical name: Fe2O3·αH2O
Color Index number: Pigment Red 101 (77491)
Oil absorption(ml/100g): 15 to 25
325 mesh wet sieve residue: 0.3% or less
Particle shape: spherical.
Other name: Iron(III) oxide, Pigment Red 101
CAS No./EC No. : 1309-37-1;215-168-2
EINECS number: 215-168-2; 215-275-4; 215-570-8
Molecular formula: Fe2O3
Molecular weight: 159.6882
Melting point: 1538℃
Soluble in water: INSOLUBLE in water
Iron oxide red is widely used in color tile, color cement, building paint, paint, ink and other industries.
1. Iron oxide red is widely used in construction, rubber, plastics, coatings and other industries. In particular, the iron red primer has the function of rust prevention, which can replace the expensive red lead paint and save nonferrous metals.
2. Iron oxide red is mainly used in the building materials industry for colored cement, colored cement floor tile, colored cement tile, imitation glazed tile, concrete floor tile, colored mortar, colored asphalt, terrazzo, Mosaic tile, artificial marble and wall painting, etc. In the coating industry is mainly used in the manufacture of various paints, coatings and inks. In other industries, such as ceramics, rubber, plastic, leather polishing paste. Used as colorant and filler.
3. Used for paint, rubber, plastic, building coloring. In addition, iron oxide pigments can also be used in a variety of cosmetics, paper and leather coloring.
4. Iron oxide red is mainly used in coatings (paints, exterior wall coatings) and building materials (colored asphalt, road bricks, cultural stones, etc.).
5. Of course, it is also suitable for paper making, plastic, sheet screen agent, ink, ceramic and so on.
6. Iron oxide red action in glass products, glass products, plate glass (float production) and optical glass.